Pursuing nursing degree, in major fields of research, requires a number of important considerations when it comes to the dreaded course of your dissertation. Among those is the treacherous task of picking your nursing dissertation topic.
A lot of examples of dissertation topics in nursing you see on the Internet are either already used or not of great quality. To show you the quality of our custom dissertation topics in nursing, we are writing blog posts for many major fields of research, giving away nursing research titles for undergraduate, masters and PhD students. This is one of those blog posts and here’s your list of nursing dissertation topics suitable for any level of research.
- Paediatric Care Standards in the UK: Comparing Nursing Practices in NHS Backed Hospitals and Private Institutions
Paediatric nursing dissertation topics have gained much popularity in student research over the past few years and paediatric nursing is now a leading field in academic healthcare studies.
This title will make a great study if you are interested in the legal or social aspects of nursing practices in the country. Not only will it show the difference between the caregiving standards of public and private institutions, there will be much to say on how the government is working over providing good healthcare to the public. With the aim of comparing the two kinds of paediatric nursing care, you will be able to make a fascinating set of study objectives that could be achieved both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Retention of Diploma holding Nursing Students to Degree Programmes in the UK
The title is self-explanatory. It falls under nursing education and training, which is a very interesting area of research.
With this title, you can build a firm quantitative study about how many of the nursing diplomas issued in the UK turn into a bachelor’s degree. The study should also talk about the factors that affect this retention into higher education.
If you’re more of a qualitative researcher, you could tweak the title a little and focus on reasons why nursing students are/are not taking up a degree after getting their diplomas.
- Critical Care Nursing: Studying Patient Safety Protocols in the UK and USA
This nursing dissertation title will make a comparative study between critical care nursing standards of two countries (you can change the countries to suit your preferences). It is suitable for students who are interested in studying nursing policies and practices internationally. The aim of the study should be to make recommendations for the country of publication from the conclusions drawn out of the two studied countries.
There is plenty of literature available on critical care nursing in various countries to construct the title into a secondary data based study (if you can get access to institutions in both countries, go for getting empirical data for your study).
- Administrative Problems faced by Adult Nursing Staff in London
This title is all about what the nurses deserve and what they are getting, keeping the study’s focus on adult nursing practices in a city. The research objectives could include studying both public and private, or either, institutions to peruse current data on what kind of administrative problems adult nursing staff is facing and what is being done to lessen these experiences.
Likert-scale based quantitative data could cater statistical analyses of nurses’ responses about such problems and construct recommendations for the institutions and policy makers of the city.
- Studying the Subject Matter and Trends of Nursing Research Published in British Journal of Nursing (2001-2016)
This desk research title is for those students who would much prefer studying in the library in front of a computer screen with hot coffee by their side than going out in the field and collecting data.
The title focuses on BJN, a renowned publication in nursing and healthcare academia, and a number of strategies can be applied to study the literature they have published. You take your pick.
- The Role of Midwives in Providing Medical Services to Pregnant Women of XXX (any rural area)
Choose any particular rural area in any developing country where access to mainstream medical services is still a problem. Discuss the important role of midwives in such a situation and provide recommendations on how they can become part of the medical services through proper training.
- Risk of At-Home Management of Cold in Children: Role of Nurses in Improving Awareness among Caregivers
Research has raised concern over inadequacy of home-based management of cold in children by their caregivers and have highlighted the risks associated with poor management. The study will explain how nurses can play an important role in improving awareness among caregivers on whether or not to rely on home-based management and the adequate strategy for it.
- Practice of Breast Feeding among Career Women in the UK/US: Personal, Social and Legal Challenges
Students searching for nursing dissertation topics specifically for UK or US, breast feeding is a very popular one. Choose any specific clinic in a premises of highly educated neighborhood where you expect percentage of career women to be high and interview them about challenges they face with regard to labor laws, social attitude toward breast feeding and their personal preferences that can influence their practice of breast feeding.
- How effective is Long Distance Online Learning for Nurses? Attitude of Students and Teachers
Nursing being a practical subject is hard to be taught through long-distance learning. However, improvement in online technology has providedupgraded and better options for such learning. The study will survey students and teachers of a long-distance learning program to examine their attitude toward the effectiveness of such a learning program.
- Attitude and Behavior of Nurses and other Health Care Providers towards HIV Positive Patients: The Factor of Sexual Orientation.
The research will examine whether the sexual orientation of nurses and health care providers and their perceived sexual orientation of HIV positive patient influences their attitude towards the patients. The main motivation is a negative belief is society regarding sexual orientation of such patients as a large number of patients have been reported to be homosexual.
- Frequency of Screening among Patients Post Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation attending XXX.
Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation requires proper post-transplantation management in order to protect patients from side-effects, leading to cases of morbidity and mortality. This is a recommended nursing dissertation topic for student who can access any medical institution providing stem cell transplantation.
- Psychological Well Being of Nurses Working in Intensive Care Unit
The fast-paced challenging environment of Intensive Care Unit is expected to cause psychological pressure on nurses working there. The study will use pre-designed general psychological health scale to measure well-being of nurses working in ICU.
- Factor Influencing Cognitive and Language Development among Premature Birth Infants: A Meta-Analysis.
To have a complete list of factors that can influence cognitive and language development among children born before the completion of 9 month period, the study will conduct a meta-analysis.
- Safety Protocols for Research on Domestic Violence: The Knowledge and Attitude of Nursing Students.
While there are safety protocols for protection of participants in any research involving cases of domestic violence, there is lack of research on how adequate are the guidelines regarding such safety protocols provided to the students. The study measure the knowledge and attitude of students about these safety protocols.
- Nurse-Physician Interaction During Emergency: A Case Study of XXX Hospital in Palestine/Syria/Yemen.
Expanding the body of research on nurse-physician interaction, the study will be conducted in any hospital where civil war conditions and terrorism has increased the frequency of emergency cases. In addition the security of health care providers in such areas is also at high risk and their healthy interaction is important from the angle of peer-support.
- Am I Healthy Now? Lifestyle Changes among Cancer Survivors After Successful Treatment.
The study is aimed to understand the life style changes among cancer survivors in order to live a healthy and prolonged life after treatment. For students of nursing schools, the topic provides insight to the intervention they can provide for supporting such patients.
- Power Relations among Nurses and Hospital Management: The recommendation for improvement.
While nurses have important decision making role for providing timely care to patients, hospital management often overlook the need of professional autonomy among nurses. The study converses upon the power relations between nurses and hospital management to highlight strategies for improving it.
- Quality of Care Provided to Patients of Acute Myocardial Infraction: Comparison of Day and Night Shift.
The study measures quality of care provided to patients of Acute Myocardial Infraction in a particular setting, controlling other environmental factors and compares the values for day and night shift. The aim is to examine whether there is decline in care provided during night shift.
- Education and Socio-Economic Status Affecting Smoking During Pregnancy: A Systematic Review.
The aim of the study is to compare the recent empirical studies and clinical trials on parental smoking during pregnancy and to examine the effect of education and socio-economic status.
- The Lived Experience of Women with Infertility: A Phenomenological Inquiry.
This qualitative and phenomological study will explore the experiences of women with infertility to highlight the social challenges faced by them and the coping mechanism such women adopt.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Health Education Provided to Mothers of Children with Very Low Birth Weight.
Using a quasi-experimental technique, the study compares the knowledge and child-care practices of mothers of children with very low birth weight in intervention and control group. Women in intervention group will attend a health education program.
Looking for more? Check our two topic Services
Along with a topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
You can have a topic for free as per requirements. Because it's a free service, the client is served on first come basis. For urgent requests, take our topic with research brief (Paid service).
* Incomplete or vague queries will not be served. Make sure you provide detailed information.
That’s all, ladies and gents. If you liked any of these titles and want to use them, comment below and tell us how you will change them to match your needs. All the best!